CGK Business Sales: Baltimore, Maryland
CGK Business Sales are mergers and acquisitions advisors in Baltimore MD. We sell businesses. Our success rate is over 85% in an industry where less than 20% of businesses sell.
Why is this?
- The M&A advisors at CGK have great experience, often working at some of the finest financial institutions in the world. Let us put that experience to work for you in your small or medium-sized business. We bring some of those same processes and lessons learned at the higher levels of finance, down to small and medium-sized companies.
- Most Baltimore business brokers work on the smallest types of businesses, many having less than $1 million dollars in revenue and less than $100,000 in profits.
- M&A advisors help sell businesses with more than these figures above, often much more. Our selling services are different from other business brokers or M&A advisors.
- Our systematic selling process finds the RIGHT buyer for your business. We find buyers that will take care of your employees, your customers, and your legacy.
- While this isn’t always the buyer who offers the highest price, our service is designed to have multiple buyers, so if price is important, our process also drives the highest value for our sellers.
- Experience what makes us unique in the industry. Contact us below or give us a call and see the kind of difference we can make.
- If price and a quality process are important to you as a business seller, call us at (410) 777-5759 or send us a confidential email to us through this contact form.
What Makes a Business Attractive to Buyers?
Most people know the importance of staging a home before showing it, or getting a car washed before it’s sold, but few business owners do anything to increase their companies’ marketability. Some refuse to put any more effort, money, or time into the business, and they just want to move on. However, the competitive nature of today’s business world makes that a risky strategy indeed. In this guide, business owners can learn several factors that may increase their post-sale profits.
This isn’t just the bottom line the company reports each year; it’s the customer base’s regularity. Companies with loyal customers are a great source of recurring revenue, as are those with effective, repeatable marketing strategies that can be duplicated by the incoming owner. When a company has these qualities, it’s more valuable to potential buyers.
A History of Revenue Growth
Potential buyers in Baltimore want to see top-line revenue growth because it gives them an idea of the potential for future development. This particular factor is nearly as essential as the growth of the company’s cash flow. While it’s relatively simple for owners to cut bloated expenses and pump up their products’ profitability, it’s almost impossible for them to copy the magic recipe that makes people want the products to begin with.
Positive Cash Flow
This factor is relatively simple to understand. If the company’s cash inflows are more than its cash outflows, it’s more marketable to potential buyers. A business buyer looks for a high ROI, and the more cash the company makes, the more the owner can pay in dividends, invest into future growth, or buy back stock. If the company has legitimate opportunities to grow cash flow, buyers get a higher return on their investment. Consult a Baltimore business broker or, better yet, an M&A advisor such as CGK Business Sales, for cash flow advice and recommendations.
Beat the Competition
Businesses sell for higher prices if the owner has found a way to set the firm’s services and products apart from those of the competition. When owners do this, buyers realize the value of buying that particular business rather than that of a rival, and they can estimate the profit potential of ownership.
Work on Multipliers
Business valuations depend on various calculations, and it’s important for owners to understand how the process works. Some industries use a standard multiplier to arrive at a fair market value, but owners can increase these multipliers with a bit of work. By immediately adopting a long-term view of the company, the current owner can create more future value.
The easiest and most effective way to increase a company’s value is to give buyers more confidence. Whether it’s differentiation of services and products, increased cash flow, or other value-adding benefits, business buyers are willing to pay more for companies with high cash flow potential. The best way to find the right buyer is to enlist the help of a competent local M&A advisor. For help selling a business in the Baltimore area, call or confidentially email us below.
Greg Knox has 20-years of experience in business and finance. His finance experience includes middle-market investment banking, private equity, a multi-billion dollar hedge fund, and institutional trading. This included firms such as Deutsche Bank, T. Rowe Price, and Wachovia. Greg is also a multiple-time business founder and buyer, giving him insight into the buying process and experience as an entrepreneur. Previous to CGK, Greg spent multiple years with business of almost all sizes as a middle-market investment banker and at an international business brokerage, where he was a top-10 advisor worldwide for multiple consecutive years. Mr. Knox has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Administration from Franklin & Marshall College and a MBA from Cornell University. Greg holds the Series 79, 63, & 55 licences.
David Smoot has nearly 20 years of experience working for Fortune 500 businesses and owning his own small businesses. His roles included sales, managing multi-million dollar product launches, training new managers and employees, and growing revenue at some of the largest companies in the world. He has multiple, high-level sales awards in many different industries, given out to only the very best performers. He also has eight years of entrepreneurial experience through the ownership of several small businesses. A resident of Baltimore, David is an M&A advisor for CGK’s Washington D.C. and Baltimore branches. David has a Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology from Towson University and an MBA from Mount Saint Mary’s University with honors.
CGK Business Sales
111 S Calvert St
Baltimore, MD 21202
phone: (410) 777-5759
- We service every county in Maryland, including Baltimore County, Baltimore City, Anne Arundel, Montgomery, Howard, Carroll, Frederick, Washington, Allegany, Garrett, Queen’s Anne’s, Prince George’s, Calvert, Charles, St. Mary’s, Dorchester, Worcester, Somerset, Wicomico, Caroline, Talbot, Kent, and Cecil counties.
- Areas we service include Downtown, Mt. Vernon, Inner Harbor, Fell’s Point, Federal Hill, South Baltimore, Canton, Highlandtown, Southeast Baltimore, Westport, Cherry Hill, Brooklyn, Curtis Bay, Hawkins Point, Morrell Park, Dundalk, Frankford, Cedonia, Gardenville, Lauraville, Hamilton, Loch Raven, Northwood, Homeland, Guilford, Roland park, Mt. Washington, Cross Country, Fallstaff, Howard Park, Ashburton, Forest Park, West Baltimore, Ten Hills, Allendale, Irvington, Southwest Baltimore, and many, many more…