Why Choose CGK Business Sales?
- Selling businesses is not easy. Fact: Less than 20% of all business on the market sell. We sell 80%-90%. Why don’t we sell 100%? We sell every viable business. EVERY, SINGLE ONE. The ones we don’t sell unexpectedly start to flounder.
- Since selling your business will likely be one of the largest financial transactions in your life, can you trust this process to those with inferior track records, financial skills, educations, or credentials? If you were sick, you’d want the best doctor. If you were sued, you’d want the best attorney. Why would you want anything less than the best M&A advisors to sell your business?
Backgrounds and Credentials
- Why do backgrounds and credentials matter? They matter because the buyers of businesses tend to be very sophisticated. They tend to be larger companies with dedicated staffs of Ivy-League MBA’s and Wall St.-trained investment bankers. Buyers are also private equity firms, high-net-worth family offices, or venture capital companies. Even individual buyers, who may be less sophisticated (but who often aren’t), will hire those that are, to help. These service providers include buy-side M&A advisors, bankers, attorneys, and CPA firms who advise the buyer on the transaction. Almost all of these buyers and their service providers went to the best schools and have elite financial backgrounds. Yes, this is true, even for those buying your small or medium-sized business.
- Backgrounds and credentials also matter because you need the buyer’s first impression of your business to stand out. Buyers look at hundreds of different businesses to buy each year. Typical business brokers and M&A advisors do a lousy job of creating quality marketing materials and providing the necessary information to make a good first impression. If your business doesn’t stand out, buyers will quickly move on to the next business. If the buyer thinks it will be too hard to get a deal done, due to unrealistic expectations, or impossible to guide the deal through due diligence, they’ll hit the delete button. This is usually due to poor advice and materials from M&A advisors and business brokers. How do we know this is true? We’ve been buyers and worked on the buy-side.
- Finally, here’s the real reason why backgrounds and credentials matter: This can be a cutthroat business. Buyers want good investment returns. If your business broker or M&A advisor is not sophisticated, the buyer may take advantage of this fact. Because M&A is a complicated process, the buyer may find ways to prey on those that are not sophisticated. This may happen without you, your unsophisticated broker/advisor, or your attorney knowing it happened. We keep them honest. We know the tricks. We get multiple buyers for your business, so that you can make the best choice. This is your legacy/retirement. Protect it.
- We have direct, professional relationships with hundreds of private equity, family offices, and venture capital firms (and have access to thousands more). These re-occurring buyers interact through phone calls, trust, and hand shakes, rather than simply clicking buttons over the internet.
- What does this mean for you as a business seller? Your business is taken more seriously by these types of buyers because they know that we represent quality businesses.
- We also have outstanding relationships with banks, CPA’s, M&A attorneys, and other service providers who are critical to the deal process. Without quality help, outside “deal killers” can quickly derail the sale of your lifelong achievement. Good service providers make the deal go forward in a smooth fashion. They can be the difference between the deal closing or it falling apart.
This Is What We Do
- We love what we do. We sell businesses for outstanding prices and find good buyers to continue your business’s legacy. These are the foundations of our business. Call your local branch or email us below to start a confidential conversation about selling your business.